torsdag 11. november 2010

Delivering expectations or…?


Last week we saw the adaption of the novel The Kite Runner. In the previous weeks (8 or more) we read the novel and did several tasks regarding it. The movie is a fateful adaption, and will please the ones who read it and those who's never even heard of it. on the other hand it is in a way too faithful; e.g. in a sequence where Amir returns to Afghanistan the dialogue is exactly the same. That itself is not a bad thing, but I don't think the screenplay and the novel should be the same thing.


But as always anyone who read can't help, but feel disappointed. It is an unbreakable law, we all have a different idea about how the characters look like and sound like. And when everybody's got a different idea someone is bound to disappointed. And this time it was me. It wasn't a particular person, but the feel of the movie.

Every Hollywood movie filmed that is supposed to take place in the middle east have this feel to it. They all the same music; some Lisa Gerrard or Dead Can Dance (same thing), the same visuals; a yellow filter and the same actors. I feel kind of sorry for actor Saïd Taghmaoui. I have seen him in several Hollywood-movies and he always portrays a terrorists. So it pleased me to see that he for once played a good guy.

But in the end it was an ok film. Nothing more nothing less, just bland.

1 kommentar:

  1. Too bad you felt that way. I agree that the book is better than the movie. It almost always is. But still, I liked the movie and I especially liked the boy actors.

    SvarSlett